Downloading, Installing, and Using Clearspan Mobile
The new phone service lets you use your cell phone to make and receive calls using your UNC phone number.
Before you begin, be sure you have the email that you received a few weeks before your phone line was upgraded that contains your user name and password. If you don’t have this email, submit a help request at help.unc.edu to ask for the email to be resent.
Download and Install Clearspan Mobile
- Search for “Clearspan Mobile” on your mobile device in the App Store if you have an Apple or Play Store if you have an Android.
- Download the app.
- Open the app and accept the Terms and Conditions.
- In the Server Address box, enter https://pub2-xs.hvs.att.com and click Continue.
- On the Sign In screen, enter the user name and password you received in the Welcome email from ITS Voice Services and click the Sign in button.
- On the permission prompts, click Allow to have the full functionality of the application.
- Review the E911 Disclosure and click Accept.
- Enter your mobile number to enable Clearspan Anywhere calling and click Continue.
- Select whether you would like to receive business calls if you’re not logged in to the app by entering your mobile number and then selecting Not Now or Yes.
Using Clearspan Mobile
Click the buttons to watch the video tutorial or open the webpage with the reference cards for using Clearspan Mobile after you have downloaded the application to your mobile phone. Once you’re on the webpage, you’ll need to open the appropriate reference card based on your phone’s operating system (iOS or Android).Open Communicator Video Tutorial Open the Reference Card Webpage